Sunday, September 14, 2014

 

Thank You

So I've rested and now I've had 'breakfast." I'm about about to enjoy what's left of the day. One thing I've learned is that 1. never watch a criminal minds marathon for say 9 hours. It does not help your dreams when you finally can sleep. 2. This will be my last blogathon. The last one I did was 8 years ago when I was 32 and didn't have high bp. Two of my medications have fatigue as a side effect, something I didn't consider. In addition, I can have only a very small amount of caffeine (unless I want my heart to explode which is generally not a good idea). So I want to thank everyone for making this last blogathon of mine a success.

 I want to thank everyone who donated (which was quite a few) especially the anonymous donor who decided to "match" contributions (that really did help a lot), everyone who shared the blogathon and pushed it so we could reach donors, everyone who lent their support in terms of keeping us awake and cheering us on in the comments section and on the event page. Of course, my fellow bloggers Corrine Short, Sera, and Amanda (forgive me if I forgot someone) and their wonderful work. I didn't even expect to have fellow bloggers volunteer, so thank you for being there with me in the long dark hours of night.





Together we raised a couple of hundred dollars for Prestun. However, there is still a long way to go. The family still hasn't reached even 1/2 their goal.  I had neoblastoma at 6 months old. Hopefully, with our help, someday Prestun will be doing what I am doing this year, which is celebrating my 40th birthday. So as much as I appreciate everything you've done, please continue to try and help Prestun by sharing his mother's updates to remind your friends he still needs our help. If you didn't donate during the 'thon, you can still give to http://www.gofundme.com/prestunthesuperhero .

Thank you all.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?